Front-end Chapter Lead
Ovoko is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups in Lithuania. We represent 2000+ scrapyard owners, car parts sellers and auto dismantlers, offering them an efficient and convenient way to serve an international audience. In our mission to make the internet a better place for the automotive aftermarket, we actively search for new ways to elevate the online experience for our partners and customers alike. This attitude drives a growing demand for talented and ambitious professionals who would help us tackle every new challenge with confidence.
About the role
As a Front-end Chapter Lead at Ovoko, you will work closely with other members of the product team to create visually appealing and user-friendly interfaces, and collaborate with back-end developers to ensure that the web applications function smoothly. Along with being an expert in your field, you will also be a leader and a mentor for the team, ultimately responsible for performance and product success, but also for putting the team together, coaching them, and making every member of the team better. This is a role that will allow you to use your technical skills and creativity to make a real impact on the success of our company’s online presence.
In this role, you will
- Work on front-end projects using modern tools and patterns (such as TypeScript, React, GraphQL etc.)
- Continuously collaborate with back-end developers and UX/UI designers to improve usability of our applications
- Coordinate front-end software development activities across multiple product teams by aligning the architecture and technical standards
- Promote high-impact tech initiatives and work on improving our web applications based on business needs
- Define best-in-class front-end engineering standards and practices, by staying on top of emerging technologies
- Assist in designing mobile-based features
What we're looking for
- Broad hands-on experience in front-end software development using TypeScript and React
- Prior experience in coaching or leading a team of software developers or a chapter
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (from design to development and deployment).
- Familiarity with server-side JS frameworks, such as Next.js
- Experience working with micro frontends (e.g. Module federation) would be great
- Knowledge of SEO principles and web performance metrics (e.g. WebVitals)
- Experience with browser testing and debugging
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills