Head of Infrastructure
Ovoko is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups in Lithuania. We represent 2000+ scrapyard owners, car parts sellers and auto dismantlers, offering them an efficient and convenient way to serve an international audience. In our mission to make the internet a better place for the automotive aftermarket, we actively search for new ways to elevate the online experience for our partners and customers alike. This attitude drives a growing demand for talented and ambitious professionals who would help us tackle every new challenge with confidence.
About the role
We are a fast-growing series A scale-up company seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to join us as the Head of Infrastructure. In this critical role, you will be responsible for developing, managing, and optimizing our technical infrastructure to support our rapid growth trajectory. As a strategic and hands-on leader, you will play a key role in shaping and scaling our infrastructure to ensure efficient operations and support our continued success.
In this role, you will
- Develop and execute a strategic infrastructure vision aligned with business goals
- Assess current infrastructure capabilities, identify areas for improvement, and establish a roadmap for infrastructure enhancements that align with our scalability requirements
- Lead and mentor a high-performing team, fostering a collaborative and agile work environment
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and support to team members, promoting their professional growth
- Oversee infrastructure projects, ensuring effective planning, resourcing, and execution, while maintaining a focus on scalability, reliability, and security
- Collaborate with cross-functional product engineering teams for optimal integration
- Establish and enforce operational processes, procedures, and standards to maintain high availability, scalability, and security of our infrastructure
- Manage the budget efficiently to meet scalability and reliability goals.
What we're looking for
- Proven experience in leading and managing high-performing infrastructure teams, fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement
- Deep technical expertise in cloud and on-premises infrastructure, networks, and automation
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with stakeholders at all levels
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, and focus on innovation, scalability, and excellence
- Track record in budget management, cost optimization, and data-driven decisions
- Experience in working with cloud-based infrastructure, such as AWS or Azure or GCP, is highly desirable.
What's in it for you
- Learning budget for your personal and professional growth
- Private health insurance from day one
- Employee stock option plan
- Work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days per year
- Close collaboration with ambitious colleagues & a real opportunity to shape the “big picture”
- Top-notch hardware and software (MacOS or Windows to choose from)
- Flexible working hours & remote work opportunities
- Pet-friendly office with collaborative spaces, chill zones, our own gym & a kitchen full of snacks and drinks.