Ovoko is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups in Lithuania. We represent 3000+ scrapyard owners, car parts sellers and auto dismantlers, offering them an efficient and convenient way to serve an international audience. In our mission to make the internet a better place for the automotive aftermarket, we actively search for new ways to elevate the online experience for our partners and customers alike. This attitude drives a growing demand for talented and ambitious professionals who would help us tackle every new challenge with confidence.
About the role
As a Product Designer at Ovoko, you play a critical role in advancing our automotive parts marketplace. Our goal is to create products that connect scrapyard owners and auto dismantlers with a global audience and stand out for its user-centric design. Your expertise in product design, interaction design, and visual design is key to enhancing our platform’s usability and accessibility, significantly impacting the customer experience.
In the ‘Demand’ value stream, focused on the buyer side of our marketplace, you will work closely with a Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and a team of 4-8 Engineers. This domain is dedicated to understanding and meeting the needs of our customers, ensuring an efficient and enjoyable buying experience.
In this role, you will
- Design and actively refine UI components and patterns, ensuring they are user-friendly and meet the evolving needs of our users
- Create and iterate on prototypes and user journey maps, translating complex processes into clear, understandable user flows
- Conduct market analysis and competitor research, utilizing these insights to strategically innovate our product designs
- Lead usability testing and user research initiatives, validating designs against user needs and business objectives
- Foster a feedback-rich environment, encouraging open dialogue with team members to refine and enhance design solutions
- Champion the development of a consistent, yet innovative visual language, ensuring our product features are both cohesive and cutting-edge.
What we're looking for
- Proven extensive end-to-end experience (3 years) shipping products for web and mobile platforms
- Deep understanding of the product design process, designing with qualitative and quantitative insights
- Interaction design, visual design and evaluative user research skills
- Comfortable with iterative design, experimentation, discovering and solving complex problems
- A strong collaborative spirit, able to align teams around common goals and problem areas
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent English language skills