Senior Front-end Engineer
Ovoko is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups in Lithuania. We represent 2000+ scrapyard owners, car parts sellers and auto dismantlers, offering them an efficient and convenient way to serve an international audience. In our mission to make the internet a better place for the automotive aftermarket, we actively search for new ways to elevate the online experience for our partners and customers alike. This attitude drives a growing demand for talented and ambitious professionals who would help us tackle every new challenge with confidence.
About the role
As a Senior Front-end Engineer at Ovoko, you will work closely with other members of the product team to create visually appealing and user-friendly interfaces, and collaborate with back-end developers to ensure that the web applications function smoothly. This is a role that will allow you to use your technical skills and creativity to make a real impact on the success of our company’s online presence.
In this role, you will
- Work on front-end projects using modern tools and patterns (such as TypeScript, React, GraphQL etc.)
- Continuously collaborate with back-end developers and UX/UI designers to improve usability of our applications
- Promote high-impact tech initiatives and work on improving our web applications based on business needs
- Define best-in-class front-end engineering standards and practices, by staying on top of emerging technologies
- Assist in designing mobile-based features.
What we're looking for
- Broad hands-on experience in front-end software development using TypeScript and React
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (from design to development and deployment).
- Familiarity with server-side JS frameworks, such as Next.js
- Experience working with micro frontends (e.g. Module federation) would be great
- Knowledge of SEO principles and web performance metrics (e.g. WebVitals)
- Experience with browser testing and debugging
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills.
What's in it for you
- Learning budget for your personal and professional growth
- Private health insurance from day one
- Employee stock option plan
- Work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days per year
- Close collaboration with ambitious colleagues & a real opportunity to shape the “big picture”
- Flexible working hours & remote work opportunities
- Pet-friendly office with collaborative spaces, chill zones, our own gym & a kitchen full of snacks and drinks.