Ovoko is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce startups in Lithuania. We represent 3000+ scrapyard owners, car parts sellers and auto dismantlers, offering them an efficient and convenient way to serve an international audience. In our mission to make the internet a better place for the automotive aftermarket, we actively search for new ways to elevate the online experience for our partners and customers alike. This attitude drives a growing demand for talented and ambitious professionals who would help us tackle every new challenge with confidence.
About the role
The Engineering Manager role is both dynamic and essential, requiring a blend of technical expertise, leadership acumen, and strategic thinking. It plays a pivotal part in driving the success of the engineering team and the organization as a whole. If you’re ready to embrace this multifaceted challenge, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact in the field of engineering and technology.
In this role, you will
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of engineers to achieve their full potential;
- Be responsible for aligning our Team technology initiatives with our business goals;
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and high-quality engineering practices within their team;
- Assess and provide feedback on team members’ performance, supporting their career development;
- Foster collaboration within cross-functional teams, working closely with product managers, designers, and other departments.
What we're looking for
- At least 2 years of experience managing an engineering team, including hiring and onboarding;
- Strong people management skills – have experience in growing team members;
- Solid engineering experience, being a Senior Engineer in the past;
- Strong communication skills combined with the ability to create clarity;
- Openness to collaborate and mentor team members while also sharing practical knowledge and trends;
- Excellent at communicating in spoken and written English.